The Emergency Contraception Website is operated by the Office of Population Research at Princeton University and by the Association of Reproductive Health Professionals. This website has no connection with any companies that manufacture or sell emergency contraceptives.
The Mission of The Emergency Contraception Website is to increase women's knowledge about and timely access to emergency contraception and other reproductive health choices, both in the United States and abroad. We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing accurate information about emergency contraception derived from the medical literature, including information about correct use, effectiveness, and expected side effects. All content is peer reviewed by a panel of independent experts.
- Providing a searchable database of emergency contraceptive pills in every country.
- Informing women and their partners how they can use regular contraceptive pills for emergency contraception.
- Serving as a resource to clinicians, pharmacists, researchers, media representatives, policy makers, and others seeking up-to-date scientifically-based information about emergency contraception.
- We are proud to partner with Bedsider as a resource for finding emergency contraception providers. Click here to find a provider near you.
The Emergency Contraception Website and associated Hotline (1-888-NOT-2-LATE) were started in 1994 and 1996, respectively, by Dr. James Trussell who is currently a Senior Research Demographer in the Office of Population Research at Princeton University. Dr. Trussell has actively promoted making emergency contraception more widely available as an important step in reducing the incidence of unintended pregnancy and the need for abortion. His research and advocacy efforts have made a significant impact on the availability and correct use of emergency contraception both in the United States and abroad.
In recent years, this project has been made possible by a generous grant from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, with additional support from the Compton Foundation, the Educational Foundation of America, and the John Merck Fund.
To contact the webmaster, send an e-mail to email@example.com.